Shamic Sheetmetal (Aust.) Pty.Ltd.
Protecting your privacy is important to Shamic Sheetmetal (Aust.) Pty.Ltd. and its Product divisions Coonara, Arrow, and Heatcharm wood & gas log heaters.
Whenever we collect and otherwise deal with your personal information, we are governed by the National Privacy Principles (‘NPPs’) which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988. Therefore, whenever collecting and dealing with information such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, we will be bound by the NPP’s.
Whenever we collect personal information from you, whether online, from authorised agents/dealers, or whenever you enter into transactions with Shamic Sheetmetal (Aust.) Pty.Ltd, we will make every reasonable attempt to inform you of why we are collecting your information, to whom we will disclose that information, and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
In general, when collecting personal information from individuals in their own capacity or as a representative of a company, the purposes for which we collect personal information include:
- Ensuring your purchase of a Shamic brand related product or service is recorded and maintained to provide for your warranty and to advise you if a product recall is required.
- Keeping you up to date with developments relating to Shamic’s products and services and making you aware of special offers.
- Using your personal information for market research to enhance the quality of Shamic’s products and services.
- Administering any account you may have with Shamic Sheetmetal (Aust.) Pty.Ltd.
- Addressing any inquiries you may have.
To ensure that these purposes are fulfilled, the information may be stored, processed, and passed between departments of Shamic. Where necessary, it may also be passed on to third parties, such as suppliers, market research organisations that assist us in providing our products and services to you, and credit providers/agencies.
At all times, we will take great care to ensure that your personal information is protected and treated confidentially and in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your personal information in a manner that complies with the Privacy Act you should contact Shamic Sheetmetal (Aust.) Pty.Ltd. to discuss how we may better deal with it. Similarly, if you wish to access personal information that we hold about you, you may make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to the Privacy Compliance Officer, Shamic Sheetmetal (Aust.) Pty.Ltd. – P.O.Box 8, Kilsyth Vict. 3137